Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Little Less Talk, A Little More Action

I may have been broken up with because I asked for a date. 
Why we were dating before we even had a, "date", continues to be a mystery to me.

Now, before you start coming up with assumptions about me, hear me out for one second...
I am prissy. 
I am not high maintenance.
There is a big difference.
I wasn't asking for some 5 course meal, white table cloth evening out.
I would have been happy with Chuy's chips and happy hour menu.

Oh, but let me tell you, he talked the talk.
He wrote me every morning, told me I was amazing, told me I was pretty, even told me he wanted me to visit his hometown.
I mean, I know I'm a female, but I got the sense from his words that he was fairly into me.

In my opinion, He talked the talk but failed to walk the walk.
If any guy is reading this, here is a tip: Actions speak louder than words.
If you like her, pursue her.
It's that simple.

And then last night I was taking to my friend about faith. We were both agreeing that sometimes the journey is exhausting.
Faith can be hard and nothing but a struggle at times.
And then she wrote me, "He (God), won't let you fall, it's a step of faith".

And then BAM, it hit me like a ton of bricks.
I felt God say straight to my heart, "Actions speak louder than words, Amy".
and I got a taste of my own medicine.

I love reading about God and faith. I love learning about the Bible. I love Beth Moore Bible studies. I love sharing my testimony, taking about faith, talking about scriptures, taking about Jesus...I love talking.
A Lot.
But, acting on faith...not so much.
 
The whole, "Get out of the boat and walk on water" deal I kind of suck at.
I'm more of a Martha than a Peter. 
I've never had to give with nothing in my bank account.
Like Abraham, I've never had to leave the comfort of my home for an unknown future.

But, it's time.
 
As I write that,  I hear Julia Roberts southern voice in Steel Magnolias when she says " Daddy, it's time, it's time"
Except there is no wedding, just God telling me, "Amy, it's time".
Minus the southern accent.

It's time to activate my faith more than ever.
It's time to be stretched.
It's time to trust Him when everything in me desires to do it my way.
It's time to step up and into a future built on solely blind faith.
There's not telling where God is leading me.
But I must go.

My faith so far have been like a barefoot boom.
I have  my feet on the water, but am still holding on to the boat.
And that has been ok for a season.
But God is calling me to let go and trust that He is there.
It's time to let Him lead.
 
Talk is cheap.
Words are easy.
Faith is a verb.
Step. Walk. Tip toe. Run. Crawl. Jump. Sprint. 
It doesn't matter how you go, just go.
 
“Don’t tell me about your God with your words. Show me about your God with your actions.”
-Steve Maraboli  

No comments:

Post a Comment